- Contact Us
- Finding Aids
- Additional Digitized Content
- This Week in Mars Hill History
- Liston B. Ramsey Center for Appalachian Studies
North Carolina History Lesson Plans from the Southern Appalachian Archives
- North Carolina History Lesson Plans: Precolonial
- North Carolina Era 2 – Colonial 1600 - 1763: Migration Push/Pull Lesson
- North Carolina Era 3 – Revolution 1763 - 1789: Regulator Songs Lesson Plan
- North Carolina Era 4: Early National – 1789-1836: Family Histories Lesson Plan
- North Carolina Era 5: Antebellum - 1836 - 1860: Rip Van Winkle in contemporary writing lesson plan
- North Carolina Era 6: Civil War and Reconstruction - 1860 - 1876: Views of the Civil War Lesson Plan
- North Carolina Era 7: New South – 1876 - 1900: Subscription Schools in Western North Carolina Lesson Plan
- North Carolina Era 8: Early 20th Century – 1900 - 1929 Lesson Plans
- North Carolina Era 9: Depression and War (1929-1945)
- North Carolina Era 10: Postwar (1945-1975): Post-War Political Cartoons Lesson Plan
- North Carolina Era 11: Recent (1975-2010) Lesson Plans
- Land Use in Western North Carolina Lesson Plans from the Southern Appalachian Archives
- North Carolina History Lesson Plans from the Southern Appalachian Archives
- "Feast and Farmin': A Celebration of Western North Carolina Agricultural History"
This is a photograph of a young girl plowing a field with a team of horses. The girl's name is Rose Cook. Photographs from the same session appear in the April 1943 issue of the Farmers Federation News, cover and page 6.
James G.K. McClure, Jr. Collection, Southern Appalachian Archives, Mars Hill University
Southern Appalachian Archives, Liston B. Ramsey Center for Appalachian Studies, Mars Hill University
This image may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal and educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited without permission from the Southern Appalachian Archives, Mars Hill University. Questions may be directed to the Archivist at (828) 689-1262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farmers Federation News, April 1943, cover and page 6
Juneau area, Leicester, Buncombe County, North Carolina
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Black and white photograph
8 x 10 in.
“82-10-116,” Southern Appalachian Archives Mars Hill University, accessed June 7, 2023, http://southernappalachianarchives.org/items/show/537.